Reply to post: Re: Wireless Mice

Mouse hiding in cable tray cheesed off its bemused user

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Wireless Mice

I had several Vaio laptops back in the 90’s and noughties - they were solid pieces of kit and never gave any significant problems - that is until Windows 8/10, as Sony had stopped support and no suitable video drivers were available for the update. A 20yo Vaio continued in service until this year, running XP and connected to a projector in a local church (offline and just needed to run the PowerPoint viewer); it was only replaced with a new laptop because internet access was starting to be needed. I also had a 15yo Vaio still running as a loan m/c until last year (dual boot Windows Vista and Ubuntu). A third Vaio was also retired last year - running a 32bit Linux for its final 5years and retired because its battery decided to inflate (hastily removed). I could still get a replacement battery but the easing of C-19 restrictions has reduced my need for loan kit.

Overall, I found Vaio’s solid and reliable kit. I’m on Macs nowadays and find them to be similarly solid and reliable. Of course, others are free to disagree.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon