Reply to post: Re: I’ll take that MacBook off your hands

Google's ChromeOS Flex turned my old MacBook into new frustrations

CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

Re: I’ll take that MacBook off your hands

My NEWEST laptop is a 2018 MacBook Air

Up until recently my main machine was a 2016 Macbook Pro (with the infamous butterfly keyboard - I missed the deadline cutoff for getting it replaced by less than a month :-( ).

One incident involving a cat, a glass of orange juice and said keyboard later, I was looking for a new machine. Yes, I probably could have tried to sponge out the keyboard but, considering that the keyboard and battery are all pretty much one unit, I didn't fancy that option. And the keyboard was pretty crap to start with...

So I now have a nice shiny M1 Macbook Pro 16". It's very, very shiny. And Gog/Steam are good at trying to present Apple Silicon versions of my games (although Baldurs Gate 3, on startup, offers the Intel or Apple choice and warns that the Apple version doesn't yet have full Galaxy integration - which I can live with because it's a *lot* faster.

The only fly in the ointment is that Parallels doesn't support x86-64 bit VMs (understanable) so I had to put by inherited Windows stuff into a Windows 11-ARM VM.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon