Reply to post: Re: fbdev and "SAP's Helge Deller"?

Ready for the Linux 6.0 splashdown? Here are some of the highlights

Liam Proven (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: fbdev and "SAP's Helge Deller"?

I only mention it because the last time I touched on the subject, it was to say that it was being discontinued.

I am happy to learn that someone has volunteered to maintain it, and so rather than just leaving it anonymous -- "a maintainer has stepped up" -- I thought it would be more useful to actually give their name, as it's public into and it's in the PR that I linked to. And as such, it seemed helpful to link it to a page, and he has a homepage there. The only other one I could find was on Xing which nags for account credentials when you access it, which seemed unfriendly and not something I'd want to link to.

This is just Delle's day job. I have absolutely no reason to think SAP is in any way interested, but it might be: I don't have anything for or against.

For comparison, re. the earlier story about the removal of DECnet, I thought it was interesting that the developer responsible also removed Novell SPX and it seemed amusing that the same person was behind both and that they work for Microsoft.

Don't read anything more into it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon