Reply to post: Does your neighbour have kids?

Enough with the notifications! Focus Assist will shut them u… 'But I'm too important!'

Howard Sway Silver badge

Does your neighbour have kids?

A few weeks ago I was in my bedroom about 10 o'clock at night, and suddenly started hearing "BEEP BEEP. Battery low. Please recharge me" every 10 seconds outside, even though my double glazed windows were shut. I looked outside and saw it was coming from my neighbours shed where they keep a small electric car they've bought their young son, which he loves riding round the garden in (to be honest, it looks like the coolest toy ever for a 3 year old boy). The lights on the car were flashing in time with each beep.

Somehow, they couldn't hear it though, as they never went out to do anything about it, or maybe they just didn't give a shit, and it carried on as I drifted off to sleep around midnight.

Next morning, I woke up to the sound of "BEEP BEEP. Battery low. Please recharge me" and looked out to see the minicar's lights still flashing away in time. Judging by the volume of the warning and the time it went on for, the battery can't have been that fucking low, and it boggled my mind how the designers of a kids toy thought it necessary to broadcast the not so very imminent demise of battery power all night long to the whole neighbourhood at such a volume, to warn us all of the potentially disastrous situation of it not being sufficiently charged.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon