Reply to post: Re: Better than office chairs

Lapping the computer room in record time until the inevitable happens

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Better than office chairs

Barely related, but your post might connect the dots.

I once had to run away from Carrefour supermarket security in the 90s because we found a big pile of big foot inline roller skates on sale and decided to try a pair, only to have my friends running away from me with my regular shoes. I started chasing them on the skates, and this eventually led to 5-6 security guards chasing me down the corridors. Since they couldn't catch me, they callen in their "cavalry": the ladies moving money to/from the cash registers' line to/from the treasury/accountants' office, which performed their duties on roller skates. I guess the guys in charge of the security cameras must have laughed their asses off, because the whole hunting was worth featuring in a Benny Hill sketch. All that was missing was the Jackety Sax tune.

I managed to escape them for 10-15 minutes (thankfully it was a big ass Carrefour!) and finally found my friends, told them to meet me at the gardening area, hid between some plants, ditched the roller skates, borrowed a hoodie from one of my friends and we all went through the main door looking completely non guilty.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon