Reply to post: Re: Authoritarianism

Tories spar over UK's delayed Online Safety Bill

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Authoritarianism

@Binraider

"You still haven't answered how revoking a supreme court decision that granted personal choice to all US citizens increases freedom"

Erm, read the comment? The one your replying to which I have answered.

"What exactly constitutes murder has been hotly debated for a very, very long time and isn't going to be resolved by you or I on here"

Exactly. Its something even medical professionals cant answer and so the democratic right to elect officials to represent the views of the population and the populations views on mothers vs babies right to freedom of choice and right to life. Instead of dictated by a court that didnt have the right at all to misinterpret the constitution to push their agenda regardless of our opinion of right or wrong on this hotly contested debate.

"But one thing is certain: by removing the right at federal level"

They didnt, solved. They removed the authoritarian bastardization of the constitution which did remove rights at a state level.

"If you're into that, that's your call. Equal rites, but some folks are more equal than others."

Again you shoot yourself with your own words. Equal for mother and baby? Where we know the experts cant even decide the point of which life exists because they are living cells.

"From what I've seen of travelling the length and breadth of the US for decades, it will eventually come to its senses."

I agree. I expect it will blow over fairly well, most states will allow abortion or allow crossing state lines (officially or not) for abortions and any outliers will be happy with their choice bar those who wish the opposite (as it was before).

FYI: My personal views on abortion are relatively pro. There is a solid argument of contraception before it gets that far and also there is a solid argument over equal rights for parents and how men should have more say. But my opinion isnt the same as the next and across cultural and religious lines there will be a wide variety of opinion even just across states.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon