Reply to post: Re: I'm surprised

Tories spar over UK's delayed Online Safety Bill

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: I'm surprised

> overturn the democratic will of the people of the UK."

That old chestnut.

Tony Blair became PM in 1997. The Labour party had won the election. Why the hell have the Tories been allowed to take power, overturning the democratic will of the UK?

Views change. The polls today are overwhelmingly different. Old gammon's have died off, leaving the rest of us worse off through no fault of our own, all because old little-Englanders want to live in the past.

And even some of the most loyal brexitters aren't so stupid as to still believe brexit to be a good idea, when the facts are there to prove otherwise.

We are now predicted to have the least growth of all G20 countries, apart from Russia. We are also losing £173 million a week, rather that gaining £350 million a week.

https://www.cityam.com/eu-membership-vs-lost-exports-and-trade-forget-extra-nhs-cash-brexit-costs-britain-173m-per-week/

UK growth set to be worst in G20 apart from Russia, OECD warns: https://www.ft.com/content/ee2ce542-eb19-48c1-9a1d-57a8200a47ae

A verifiable disaster, won through lies. You should be ashamed.

> we left the EU and we aren't going to adopt their corrupt manipulation of democracy.

lol. Fortunately we are going to have to adopt many EU regulations if we are to have any hope of surviving the impending recession you voted for.

Also, the only corrupt manipulation of democracy going on here is by your beloved Tories. From illegal proroguing of parliament, lying, breaking the law, corruption, attempts to bypass parliament (so much for sovereignty!)

Congratulations, you have made the UK poorer, and the laughing stock of the world though I suspect in your bubble you haven't seen the many French TV reports about the UK, or the many from the USA, talking about how we've gone from trusted ally to a sideshow laughing stock.

I'd proved links, but it's obvious you are far more comfortable with your head in that sand.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon