Reply to post: Re: Snog marry avoid?

Linux Mint 21 hits beta, and it's looking fresh

wolfetone Silver badge

Re: Snog marry avoid?

Yes, yes there is.

Personally I think Linux Mint brings what Debian does well in terms of stability, while making it a more current OS. So unlike Debian, packages are far more up to date. Not quite bleeding edge, but not dull salad knife either.

The fact it Snap package installation is disabled by default (as an example) also shows that Linux Mint is far more interested in providing you with a stable, usable platform, rather than giving you the bells and whistles that can inevitably bring the system down - see the current systemd cancer nodule as stated in the article.

In a work situation - like how I use Linux Mint - it has allowed me to be productive far more often and quickly than using Ubuntu. For whatever reason, Ubuntu caused issues in the first few days and I really just needed to get on with work. Linux Mint allowed me to do that. I'd have gone for Debian but (again) older packages caused issues for the work I was doing.

So for me, in the workplace at least, Linux Mint provides you with the best, most stable and good looking flavour of Linux.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon