Reply to post: Re: Stating the obvious

2050 carbon emission goals need nuclear to succeed, says International Energy Agency

Lars Silver badge
Happy

Re: Stating the obvious

Hello "Doctor Syntax".

I must admit I don't really understand your comment, but never mind.

So let me explain what I was writing about.

Here in Finland we had a first time new PM of a coalition government who was caught telling a lie on the telly, one lie, and as I recall repeated perhaps three times.

That premiership ended in less than three months.

A PM in a coalition is not king and has no majority to rely on if considered rubbish.

So my question is really what makes it possible for a notorious born liar to stay a PM in Britain.

How many days would a guy like that stay in power in a democracy with a coalition government.

Not one day probably as that person would probably never be given that responsibility.

And my point is that it's not about the people but the political system.

No country should be run by a government of just one party. And that is just one of your problems.

Look at the sleeze enabled in a government of just one party.

Also In a two party system the far right and far left trash will have nowhere to go but to try to take over one of the parties, just look at what has happened to the Republican party.

In both countries the whole system relies on honest politicians, but as soon as the trash are let in the system is toothless.

The two party system you Brits and sadly most of the English speaking countries have not been able to get out of while 2/3 of the world has managed it, is your main problem.

And adding to that the Brits who seriously believe they represent the golden standard of the universe.

I am deeply worried about you, if slightly happy there seems to be some efforts to get rid of fptp.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon