Reply to post: Re: Democracy

Big Tech silent on data privacy in post-Roe America

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Democracy

You make it sound so simple.

Many laws and other changes to legislature and regulation one would want to support are often bundled with other nonsense that you do not want. The classic "check this box if you support HR1234, which bans stealing from the elderly, but also legalizes sterilization of bunnies" ploy that you see in every local election. Either vote for it and do the right thing and save the elderly, or enjoy your sterilized bunnies.

Many state, federal/electoral representatives will not always personally align with your views, even if they align with your party and its views; technically, there is no promise they will uphold what they say they will. Just try to count how many times a blue elected official votes outside their party. No, I will not speculate that a recent charitable donation had anything to do with that, that's wrong.

What about it there's just no one I want to vote for? I am pro-gun, pro-choice, mostly libertarian leaning. I do not fit in either of the cool kids' red or blue boxes. On the odd chance there is someone not pants-on-head stupid and politically unbiased, no one I ever vote for wins, as they do not have million plus dollar ad campaigns with donations flowing in by the busload, nor do they have think tanks or people in high places.

In today's America, your vote matters about as much as stale fart air, money and red vs blue talks much more than actual beliefs.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon