Reply to post: Re: Nice business you've got there squire...

UK's Post Office shells out for SAP software it thought it had

vogon00

Re: Nice business you've got there squire...

Upvoted for the Due Diligence observation. When I read the "We have been facing operational issues since the last two years as SAP stood down our Customer Success Manager as that service is not available for indirect contract, something SAP failed to disclose" I burst out laughing and thought 'What did the idiots expect? They should have asked better questions when negotiating'. "Failed to disclose" is bizSpeak for 'We did not see this unintended consequence coming and now need to whine about it to avoid owning any blame'. That, and there is *always* someone smarter than you in the game, somewhere.

Not being a SAP user, I don't know how byzantine their licensing is, but I'd bet that it's a royal pain in the arse to understand, let alone achieve compliance with... which gets the RMG/PO off the hook just a little bit in my book.

Business relationships have got very convoluted and way less transparent than they were or should be - everyone is trying to create leverage, get an 'edge' and grab a bigger slice of the pie at the expense of others anbd noe to themselves....especially now with so many threats to revenue and stability.

Q:When is a opportunity not an opportunity A:When you just jump in without looking all the way to the bottom...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon