Reply to post: Re: Duh, you'd think

Amazon not happy with antitrust law targeting Amazon

MachDiamond Silver badge

Re: Duh, you'd think

"Sometimes you have a better chance of finding something using Google and site:amazon.co.uk than Amazon own search."

I don't use Google, but I dig. There are often cases where using a search engine is faster and easier to find something rather than using a company's web site. I find that out often enough when I'm look for a manual for something I've bought second hand.

I keep banging eBay to add a blocked seller list. Sellers can block problematic buyers, but a buyer that's had a bad experience can't put a seller on a list so they won't buy something from them again.

Country of origin filters might or might not work. Even if it's required on packaging, many times imported goods don't have it. It might also just say "Packed in the UK" and not state the origin of whatever is in the package. I find this common for food stuffs. I'm not in opposition to having the filter. I'd rather buy fewer high quality products than cheap Chinese goods that aren't going to last a year. I had a toaster from Walmart that didn't even make it through one loaf of bread before breaking. Sure, I could take it back. If I kept the receipt and the cost in gas was worth the trip. That was years ago and I haven't shopped at WallyWorld since then. It wasn't the first time goods I bought there were not fit for purpose. It's a sad state of affairs when the thrift store sells higher quality merchandise.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon