Reply to post: Re: even more safer to operate?

Small nuclear reactors produce '35x more waste' than big plants

Jellied Eel Silver badge

Re: even more safer to operate?

Did it mention the most deadly, K40? Nuclear power has produced so much of that that it's absolutely bananas. Nuts I tell you!

I did see it mentioned one of my favorite isotopes-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technetium-99m

Popular with neo-luddites, including Gordon Brown. Sometimes used as evidence for leaks from Sellafield, because being nuclear, it must have come from the nuclear industry!

Which is of course true, given the nuclear industry produces moly cows, which produce Technetium, which is then fed to hospital patients. Much the same as some iodine isotopes used to treat thyroid problems. Obviously this demonstrates just how evil the medical-industrial complex is if it intentionally feeds radioactive substances to sick people!

And of course if those patients don't poop into a radioactive waste container, then that enters the sewage system and get discharged into the sea. If it is disposed of properly, then it becomes deadly radioactive waste that has to be stored for hundreds of thousands of years, and eco-facists have no clue how to dig holes, or understand that most radioactive waste comes from medicine and industry.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon