Reply to post: Re: out

VMware customers have watched Broadcom's acquisitions and don't like what they see

Mr.Nobody

Re: out

To some degree their idea that they can just maintain bigger customers and reap the rewards makes sense. We have over 3000 VMs that make money for our business. We just barely pay six USD figures in support each year, which in the grand scheme of things is a bargain considering what we recieve. We pay 10 the annual support EVERY MONTH for AWS, for about 1/4 the number of systems (granted, there is more that comes with that $1M a month, but it's still absurdly more expensive than on prem).

While there are alternatives, trying to move 3000 VMs of legacy applications to Proxmox or Nutanix or some other hypervisor sounds great until you look into the reality of how much work that would take to save a small portion of what we pay each year.

That said, I was not happy to see that Broadcom is buying VMware. I think it's all downhill from here. They are right though, some of us are locked in regardless.

As to the person interviewed that thinks VMware support is "OK" and that VMware thrived under Dell apparently was not a customer prior to being owned by Dell. Prior to Dell, VMware had one of the best support groups in the business, and is now the worst. I haven't opened a ticket with support in more than three years because it's a waste of time.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon