Reply to post: Re: Deflecting blame

Ransomware the final nail in coffin for small university

Grinning Bandicoot

Re: Deflecting blame

You've closely nailed it in describing it as fraud. Way back when digital meant abacus the loan for R&B plus training were called indentures but were not as onerous. Kid hears that a real talent exists in ceramics - "Go to school -- Get a degree". So the poor snook applies at a college financing the whole thing and in four years and some months has a BFA in one hand and the other a request to establish a repayment plan for the four years. Meanwhile back in the old neighbor his pal goes over to the Mason's Union gets an apprenticeship works his hinny off and at the four is a journeyman making 5 or six time what our BFA will be making for the next few years and without that stinking Albatross of debt about the neck.

A part that missed was about the conservative planner who saved and planned, tracked trends. In other words had a business plan plan for education. Goes to school and the school raises its fees (and finds a few new ones), texts costs are raised and otherwise manipulated because the most students on loans never see the bill like the planner. The planner who the sort needed is stuck with surrender (get a loan), quit (leave school and toil with the rest of us awhile looking back) or fight on while sinking.

Along come the POLITICOs. The same ones that created the loan programs who now nod in a sagacious manner and Vote for me and I fix this mess created by __________. It is not your fault (that you did listen to the words of repayment). Vote for me and I will pass legislation saying your degree must be recognized. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY VOTE FOR ME

As I was declawing this I wondered what school T. A Edison or George Westinghouse attended?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon