Reply to post:

US fears China may have ten exascale systems by 2025

StargateSg7

Me thinks you MIS-READ my missive! Our "Haida Gwaii" supercomputer in Vancouver is 119 ExaFLOPS sustained at 128 bits wide which waaaaaaaaaaaay outclasses everything else on the T500 list except our Northern BC Data Centre which is split into two systems now named "Thunderhorse" and "DragonSlayer".

The super-processors those two Northern BC systems use are now fully opto-electronic 2 THz 50 PetaFLOPs on each chip with now 20 Million CPUs installed or 1,000,000,000‬ PetaFLOPS or over a YottaFLOP. When fully scaled out, we will have HUNDREDS of YottaFLOPS. (i.e. we are at 20 million square feet of space inside of a mountain and getting larger next year!)

The "Haida Gwaii" system in Vancouver has 262,144 processors (2^17th) of high current GaAs chips at around 40 Megawatts at full load (150 watts per chip) --- The opto-chips are a fraction of that wattage per chip which is WHY we can run 20 million of them at only 8 watts each! (160 megawatts total)

For sucking all that heat away from the super-chips, we use Silicone Oil Direct Immersion Cooling which transports and dumps all that heat into very large underground fresh water swimming pools which our employees use daily as part of their rest and recreation at the Northern BC site and at our Vancouver site. We try to prevent heat-island effects so the pools then emit heat via churned water surface to air convection and is also circulated into the surrounding deeper rock via metal tubes drilled and buried into the rock itself.

We are running full electro-chemical simulations (K, P, Na, Ca gating/uptake) of synthetic neurons that self-organize using physics-based rules at the molecular level. Basically, a WBE (Whole Brain Emulation) --- It works very well I should add!

Again, our systems are the most powerful in the world and we are also the world's LARGEST manufacturer of CPU/GPU/DSP chips and the largest manufacturer of SRAM and DRAM chips and also the LARGEST manufacturer of SSD drives in the world! We obliterate Intel, AMD, Samsung, NEC, Micron, IBM, Global Foundries, TSMC, etc. in terms of total chips manufactured and in terms of their total rated computational horsepower!

We are Numero Uno In The World --- Number One --- We Win !!!

YAY Canada !!!!

V

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon