Reply to post: I've seen some huge India turnover

One in five employees at top Indian outsourcers left in the past year

DS999 Silver badge

I've seen some huge India turnover

Over the years I've consulted for several clients who had India based teams I interacted with regularly enough that I got to know who on the team knew their stuff and who was dead weight. In my experience, yearly turnover for the best people was probably around 100%, and even for the dead weight was in the 25-50% range.

It was really annoying to be in a project that lasted six months and have to replace my POC for the India team twice during that time, requiring a week of catch up for the new guy each time. I actually fought with a project manager wanting to build in time for "India staff turnover" once, he wouldn't let me have it. I gave him a big "told you so" when their top guy left and it turned out he hadn't been keeping any of his underlings in the loop about what he was doing so we basically had to start their part of the project over from square one.

I guess the rule that pretty much the only way you can get a really big raise is to change jobs is just as true there as it is in the west.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon