Reply to post: Re: I think they need to jusify their claims far better than they have done so far

Heresy: Hare programming language an alternative to C

Andy 73 Silver badge

Re: I think they need to jusify their claims far better than they have done so far

Oh dear. If you can't keep a discussion civilised, I'd rather stick to the commercial compiler projects I've worked on than whatever you're being so precious about.

The discussion kicked off about dependency declarations and exporting functions - both of which are well established as being one of the clunkiest parts of C, and a serious restriction on tooling compared with modern languages.

Now you've moved the goalposts to not liking where they've put the return type of a function (hint: take a look at Go, Swift or a dozen other languages that do this), and objecting to the use of an extra token for identifying functions.

My point stands - if the OP's original analysis of the language is limited to looking at small syntactic changes, they are going to miss features that other, more modern languages have introduced that absolutely do improve developer efficiency, code quality and reliability. Whether Hare meets those standards is another question that neither you nor the OP have meaningfully addressed...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon