Reply to post: Re: Do what?

Twitter faces existential threat from world's richest techbro

genghis_uk

Re: Do what?

The analogy is incorrect - the soap box is not in the park i.e. in a municipal space. Twitter is not a public forum - no, it really isn't despite how often people think it is!

Twitter allows you to come over to their place where they give you a soap box if you agree to play by their rules. Break the rules and they have every right to remove your soap box and send you on your way.

Both left and right have idiots and those idiots will get banned for rule breaking - generally though, the more Trumpian types bitch and whine about it more to play the victim card. "I've been censored" they say on Gab, Facebook, Parler, Truth Social (well they would if they could get on), Fox News, OANN, Breitbart etc... This 'censorship' rubbish is just another thread in the culture war tapestry.

Free speech in the USA is the right to be free from Government censorship i.e. banning you from saying something anywhere. If you want to get a soap box and stand in a park spouting rubbish, then you are more than free to do so but why should Twitter allow bigots a platform and host potentially dangerous misinformation?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon