Reply to post:

Elon Musk's latest launch: An unsolicited Twitter takeover

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

In that case I want him to focus very, very hard on that goal to the exclusion of anything else, and not plan on coming back soon.

On the plus side, him owning Twitter will see an exodus of sane people and it'll become the wasteland it deserves to be. Sane people would only keep an account to keep an eye on what him and Trump are up to (because I have no doubt re-instating Trump will be pretty much his first act when he has control, likely followed by Putin & other Russian state media).

Twitter is an internet business, which means it serves people with the attention span of a mosquito on acid and retains users only for as long as there is no new fad for people to migrate to like TikTok or Instagram or whatever is next. Hamsters have a longer lifespan than the average mass market platform but I guess the aim is to dump/launder some cash into it, saddle it with a mountain of debt by using it as collateral and move on - worryingly, I see this trend at the moment too with a lot of the IT security industry.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon