Reply to post: Right tool for the jobby

Chromebook sales train derails as market reaches saturation

wobball

Right tool for the jobby

With MS taking their main desktop products to 365 land and the general under usage that most workers put their devices too, I'm surprised they're not seen as a decent alternative for corporations to fit out their workforces with and save huge amounts of money in the process.

Decent starter units come in around £150 against our current corporate Windows laptops at around the £700 mark!

Saying that, I am increasingly biased here as I really, really fluffing hate supporting muggles with Windows laptops nowadays, especially in the corporate arena with anything other than domain admin rights, which I don't got in a tiered environment at 2nd line level.

This isn't helped by said muggles seemingly getting generally dumber as time goes on, for any number of reasons.

My experience and that of others I know who use them is that they're sleek and slick and provide pretty good coverage for personal productivity and home use for almost all tasks bar bloaty Adobe/Photoplop and serious music tools tho, saying that, my only paid for platform for the former is available on Linux and works well on my workstation as the APPROPRIATE tool for the job.

Also, I'm just not that picky about imaging and video tools, cos it ain't exactly rocket science, is it!

And breathe!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon