Reply to post: Did it... sort of

What do you do when all your source walks out the door?

aerogems Silver badge
Devil

Did it... sort of

At a previous job I was doing repairs of Apple laptops, AIOs, and the odd Mac Pro. I had set up a netinstall server to speed up the process of imaging systems. Anyway, after a time it became increasingly clear that I was being set up as the fall guy for some serious management failures, so I decided it was a good time to redo the images on the server. There were some legitimate reasons why I wanted to remake the images such as integrating recent OS updates, so I deleted the existing ones and then just sort of slow walked making the new ones. Sure enough, before I even got around to making any of them, the guillotine blade fell. No one else had any clue how to set up a netinstall server, let alone make images for it, so they were left with the only option being to use the restore CDs, which were slow and could only be used on one system at a time. No one else there even had the necessary certification to do repairs on Apple units and I made sure to remove my account from their GSX account same-day so they couldn't try misappropriating it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon