Reply to post: Re: Why move to Windows 11 ?

Windows 11 growth at a standstill amid stringent hardware requirements

TonyJ

Re: Why move to Windows 11 ?

Oh and try this:

Win key + R -> CMD

Ok you get a nice command window as you wanted and would expect.

Now in Windows 7 - 10, if I hold shift and click on command interpreter icon to launch another copy of command, it launches PowerShell.

Now I get it that PS is the default shell environment, and that is fine and all that, but if *I* as the user of the system has chosen to launch a command shell then you can probably expect I want *another* fucking command shell.

Win 11 in and of itself isn't bad from a number of perspectives and it does seem snappy. What I find bad is the UI design elements that have changed for no apparent reason. Again.

DNS - can be changed globally or per card but if you do it globally it sometimes (on my system at least) doesn't warn you of that and it overrides it if you set another per-card.

Secure DNS is present. Good. But there's no narrative around what it does for your casual users.

Getting into network settings alone can be multiple more clicks than it used to be or needs to be.

And yeah no right-click task manager for me is annoying. I know there are plenty of other ways but my 20+ years of muscle memory kicks in.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon