Reply to post: Almost mind numbing...

‘Precursor malware’ infection may be sign you're about to get ransomware, says startup

John_3_16
Facepalm

Almost mind numbing...

I have a top of the charts real time AV that includes regular scans for the malware mentioned & ransomware. I have a dedicated real time ransom scanner that is more AI oriented & compatible with my AV. I also have 2 manuel scanners; one is for anything & everything; the other is not virus oriented but spyware, adware, malware & PUPs. Update & run weekly. Scheduled runs of first plus their real time protection.

Have had my a$$ saved on numerous occasions because of being security heavy. Security Apps in browsers & security set in my VPN. VPN firewall through my system firewall through my router firewall has always been plenty.

I don't have any money to give the ransomware attackers. I do have weekly ISO backups. I do visit the occasional sketchy website or two.

It confounds me to think governments & companies would not do the same. I am using Windows 7 & it is currently COMPLETELY up to date. I stay updated on current status of security systems. Most who get hit are not updating or using incomplete security systems for their networks. Boggles the mind that they are willing to spend that kind of money on a flier that you may or may not get your data back.

Hire a person &/or persons whose job it is to protect you at all levels & update as they are made available. Laziness is unforgivable. Gambling with the company assets is unforgivable. [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)̲̅$̲̅]

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon