Reply to post:

Help, my IT team has no admin access to their own systems

jgard

I wish he had, and if I had known at the time, I would have grassed him up.

He was such a jumped up, self important cock. My dad, a traditional self-employed working class builder, once did some work in our offices. One morning I was chatting to my old man next to his van, it was parked near the building for offloading gear etc.

All of sudden, the 21 year old salesman with impossibly white teeth (now a director himself) marches over like he owns the earth, his fake tan getting redder with each stride. Then, when he can’t hold the anger and sense of injustice in any longer, he starts barking at my dad like he’s a 4 year old, right up in his face, prodding him too. His speech included beauties like ‘this space is for directors only’, ‘what’s your name? I’m gonna talk to your manager’. I just stayed silent and watched with growing apprehension knowing that a suitable response was likely just seconds away.

My dad quietly let him finish, then grabbed him by the shirt collar and let go the most terrifying, yet articulate tirade of profanity and rage I’ve ever seen close up. It truly was like watching a wildlife show where an alpha male destroys a would be challenger. The kid’s whole presence changed immediately, shoulders rounded, head bowed, his face doe eyed and submissive. My dad made sure he understood that he would need new veneers if he ever even spoke to him again at all. He was then made to apologise in his weak and trembling voice, in front the of hushed mini crowd that had assembled. It was as one of the best things I ever witnessed, and it taught the kid a lesson, never saw him behave like that again. I was so proud of my old man!

The big boss, the lad’s father (a decent guy) heard about it shortly after and apologised profusely to my dad, he was very sincere. He also thanked my dad for giving his lad a life lesson. A much better lesson would be to stop giving his kid BMW M3s and 850is, and make him stand on his own two feet instead.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon