Reply to post: Re: Something's not right here

Reg reader rages over Virgin Media's email password policy

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Something's not right here

I agree words are a better option but no password manager? You're instantly back to Joe Public using the same 3 word phrase over multple sites. I have around 125 personal site logins, all with distinct min 12+ char passwords, around 10%-15% have 2FA where it's offered. The 2FA is offered by my password locker and the passwords ALL of them, have reminders to be auto-updated every 3 months max. Every day I get a list of "due to expire", I then assess if need the site anymore, request deletion on site if not else get the locker to auto-update the password in a few clicks. Rotating passwords is just one of those 10 min daily tasks in the morning.

Password management is a daily chore that must be done just like the washing clothes, or doing the dishes, etc, if you don't want some wanker from some backwater shithole emptying your bank account in 5 secs flat!

People need to stop making excuses and get used daily/weekly password maint being a chore just like all your other household chores. If not then get off the fricking internet before you lose everything. If it helps people, imagine every hacker has Putin's face laughing, 'cos the bad guys on the internet really couldn't care less about anyone but themselves.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon