Reply to post: re. The Americans are NOT the "world police"

US warns Chinese chipmakers: Sell to Russia, suffer Huawei's fate

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

re. The Americans are NOT the "world police"

well, but really, they ARE the 'world police', whether people like it or not, it's just a fact. And, while 'not ideal', and 'biased', and 'with vested interests'... hard to guess what what the world would look like with no 'team America' (or any other 'team X') to rush to every fire, real and / or imaginary. I'm trying to imagine the 'Chinese world order' and I don't like what I'm seeing internally there, to say the least, and to imagine how they would fashion the outside world to their liking, and I don't need to imagine 'Soviet world order', because I've lived through that one, and seems it's on (stuttered) replay as we speak.

An unpoliced world... possibly we'd all live in peace and harmony, and in good health (you know, coca-cola bad for your teeth, etc). Another, alternative image: dozens and dozens of 'micro-wars', and some of them not so micro, think 'tactical nukes' to gain 'tactical' advantage in Indo-Pakistani front, or M. East. I'm not sure those little hitlers would be so restrained without 'gentle' persuasion by Uncle Sam... Yes, I'm not suggesting they're all just dumb, but I do think they often think locally, because out of sight, out of mind, without consideration for a 'broader picture' and then, 'somebody's got to' do it for them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon