Reply to post: Re: "Of course you realize, this means war"

'Hundreds of computers' in Ukraine hit with wiper malware as conflict continues

Cliffwilliams44 Silver badge

Re: "Of course you realize, this means war"

Are you willing to take that risk? I am not.

The bomb dropped on Hiroshima was 15 Kilotons, A thermonuclear bomb detonated in the 1950's was 10,000 kilotons. There are more powerful bombs today!

Even a limited exchange of these weapons, at that yield would kill billions of people from the initial detonations and the subsequent radiation. It would alter the climate of the planet to the point of invoking a new radioactive ICE AGE! (but hey, we won't have to worry about global warming!) It may not end all human life on this planet but it would change life for all the survivors into a dystopian existence like nothing you can imagine.

Oppenheimer, the "father of the atomic bomb" said it correctly! "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

You children (and I mean any of you born after the 1970's) have no idea what these weapons can do!

What kept the peace for 70 years was that neither the US nor the Soviets were suicidal! Currently I cannot say that about either Putin or Biden!

We have 2 senile and mentally deficient old men running countries with vast nuclear arsenals! It is high time the sane men of the world do something about this. Hopefully, some brave sane men in Russia will do something.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon