Reply to post: Re: Partitioning

Your app deleted all my files. And my wallpaper too!

Terry 6 Silver badge

Re: Partitioning

And on Windows systems, if the partition with Windows and other programmes gets too cramped, and if there is adequate total HDD space resizing partitions is relatively easy. Though not so much with the Windows built-in control,which is remarkable stupid- It's good for carving a new partition out, but not for resizing-when you shrink a partition from the left it won't let you expand the adjacent partition to its right,where the space is ( or is it the other way round - I forget). But there are plenty of reliable partitioning programmes around. AOMEI partition assistant (free) has done sterling work for me over the years. I've always tested a new programme on a partition, or a spare drive, that hasn't anything important on it/when I get a new system before I copy the data to it. I have plenty of old HDDs that I can play with- and a few I stick into new systems as backup drives or simply to make copying data over easier. Current PC has my old 2Tb HDD in it just for messing about with, dumping stuff to temporarily etc.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon