Reply to post: Re: Guilty.

Your app deleted all my files. And my wallpaper too!

Potty Professor
Boffin

Re: Guilty.

Back in the late 70s, I worked in an office with a "Clean desk" policy, Every afternoon, I had to waste several minutes shovelling everything from my desk into the top drawer, and every morning I had to spend even more time extricating, sorting, and arranging those same reference papers into some sort of logical order on the desk before I could start work. I found a toughened glass sheet that almost fitted the desk, and arranged my reference documents under it, so I didn't need to file them away. I was summoned to the Mangler's office to be chided about leaving "Company Sensitive" documents on show, but I pointed out that most of the papers were things like conversion tables, and the only sensitive information was a single sheet of A4 with a list of the internal phone extensions of people with whom I dealt on a daily basis, and everybody in the company had those numbers in their copy of the Internal Phone Directory anyway. I also pointed out that by keeping my papers under glass, I saved myself at least twenty minutes every day, and probably worked more efficiently during the rest of the day because everything was at my fingertips, so I didn't have to go searching for it in the drawer(s). I was grudgingly allowed to keep my glass desktop, along with the papers under it, and within weeks, every desk in the office was similarly accoutred. Then I changed departments, and was issued with my own computer, on which I could display my reference documents on the desktop.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon