Reply to post: Re: "73% of users worldwide use their Google or Facebook accounts to log into other apps"

Americans far more willing to hand over personal data

Updraft102

Re: "73% of users worldwide use their Google or Facebook accounts to log into other apps"

If you have the tools to easily and properly use strong, unique passwords just for the sites that matter, they're already there for you to use for the rest of the sites as well. It's easier to have the password manager create and send a unique, 14 or more character password to a new site for which you are creating a new account than to go look up the password you happen to be using for some other login you don't care about and use that. Very seldom is the password that is generated rejected for not following the rules of whatever site. It ticks all the boxes, and the only rejection would be from a site that demands less, not more-- and in that case it's easy enough to take the generated password and remove the offending bits by hand.

I've never seen most of my passwords, let alone typed them, and I am not about to begin now. It would take more work to do what you describe, not less.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon