Reply to post: Yet again targeting income not wealth.

No help for IT contractors on IR35 tax errors

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Yet again targeting income not wealth.

Taxation in the UK is almost entirely aimed at income, not wealth. This means those who are working hard to do something like, I dunno, buy a home for their family, are taxed to the hilt. Are placed in situations where they compromise their income or work with insecure umbrella companies who are being hacked and leaking data left right and centre. Or, in the case of Brookson, hacked so badly that they don't pay anymore.

Meanwhile, the old voters, and old money, seem not to be able to lose. They don't pay tax. And they are wealthy enough to launder money in large shell game trusts and companies so they can give multimillion-pound assets to their kids without paying any inheritance or CG tax.

Tax it seems is for the poor and middle class. Those who already have wealth are untouchable. Says the banker of England that we "should not ask for pay rises", while being a fat cat himself earning more in a week than I would in a year (assuming Brookson ever actually pay me). Perhaps that role should come with a median wage only. Perhaps any role of that level of responsibility should have at best a median wage - so you only screw yourself over by trying to screw people over...

Raging!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon