Reply to post: Re: Macros are the only real differentiator left between MSOffice and LibreOffice, bar one.

Microsoft to block downloaded VBA macros in Office – you may be able to run 'em anyway

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Macros are the only real differentiator left between MSOffice and LibreOffice, bar one.

Such as?

Come on, show me where your "show stopped" because we've been using it for years without any problems.

Here's a bit of irony for you: I started using OpenOffice (before LibreOffice even existed) because it was the only way I could fix Microsoft Word documents that had amassed too much corruption through the flawed cut & paste mechanism in Word for Word to even load them again without crashing.

Open them in OO which silently ignores and fixes the mess, save them again and presto. Over the years I must have saved myself and colleagues countless manhours of otherwise lost or wasted labour (and yes, that has bought me many beers from grateful peers :) ).

So my show has never stopped with Open/LibreOffice whereas Microsoft Office has been a constant source of problems. About the only thing that was useful was Excel.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon