Reply to post: Re: Macros are the only real differentiator left between MSOffice and LibreOffice, bar one.

Microsoft to block downloaded VBA macros in Office – you may be able to run 'em anyway

Alpine_Hermit

Re: Macros are the only real differentiator left between MSOffice and LibreOffice, bar one.

There are many CSV files which I receive for my job of monitoring emissions compliance and then reporting it to the government. I use Office 2019 as standard for inter-operability, however, certain CSV files MS Excel cannot handle properly. I've never got to the bottom as to why this issue happens, and I've been using Excel since at least 1995 and Lotus before.

Anyway, if I load them up in my standby tool of OpenOffice or now LibreOffice, absolutely no problem for the CSV files to open and format 100% correctly. I then do what I need to do in LO and then save as xlsx to send it down the line.

If LO could somehow get more corporate sponsorship and thereby investment to smooth out the usability and MS Office inter-operability to a higher level it would definitely become #1 choice for even more people, especially small businesses like mine. That said, for my own requirements, VBA is essential, wish LO could emulate it all.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon