Reply to post:

Microsoft's do-it-all IDE Visual Studio 2022 came out late last year. How good is it really?

chuBb.

Same mate,

Been what i consider a R# power user since 2008 or so, pushed for its adoption when ive worked at places that didnt use it

On a small solution its ok, the killer is as soon as we try and do something on the larger solutions 5000-10000 files (its legacy and a previous dev drank heavily from everything needs an interface cup) it chokes, i can literally disable everything and just rely on the refactoring renaming and namespace moving dialog and still it will suck the life out of VS.

It gets even worse if i load the single project web front end solution, where some bright spark decided telerik web controls was the way forward and has all the kendo chod in the solution :(

And like you ive tried to ditch it several times but keep coming back. If you havnt tried vs22 without it enabled i suggest you do, the inbuilt refactoring tools (that i use YMMV, i ignore the linqify a readable foreeach loop into an unreadable brain spraining mess tool) are on par with r# (especially if you config r# to use VS keyboard shortcuts) but with no discernable impact on performance.

I literally only enable resharper now when im updating or writing new tests as the r# test runner is brilliant especially if you have several test frameworks in use because legacy, and the integration with dotTrace is cant live without it good.

Unfortunately though ive given up on it ever being fixed as i have had several frustrating and long winded support tickets with jetbrains to the point where they admit the problem and now just say wait for the out of process version, or use rider which just isnt in the same league as VS when it comes to dealing with framework based projects, and i dont really see why i would use a different IDE for core/.net6 projects...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon