Reply to post:

Google sours on legacy G Suite freeloaders, demands fee or flee

Ben Tasker

You can use vanity domains with the Family account. I read somewhere (including the MS forums) that you have to use GoDaddy as a registrar for this, but the docs don't support it, so it may be that requirement has dropped.

For what it's worth, you get a *lot* more storage with MS than with Google (1TB vs 30GB) on those two plans - isn't really a selling point for me as I store almost everything in Nextcloud, but means it's hard to apples-apples the price.

MS do also do a cheaper version that only has email and Onedrive (i.e. no office access - £3.80/user/month), but the exclusion of Office means you've still got to find a replacement for Docs (assuming you were using it).

Zoho look good on price - £2.40/user/month for mail and their docs replacement, or £3.20/user/month if you only want mail (guessing the price is higher because they want to drive uptake of the other).

I'm currently trying to decide whether I'm willing to pay a (slight) premium to not have Google's mitts on my data (leaning towards yes). The sticking point for me is still the SSO stuff. I *think* you can still create a sign-in account (i.e. no mail, docs etc etc), but haven't the foggiest whether existing stuff will transfer over or not.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon