Reply to post: Support indy studios

Microsoft seems intent on buying the gaming industry with $68.7bn purchase of troubled Activision Blizzard

Plest Silver badge
Pint

Support indy studios

Indy studios give a monkey's unlike the triple-A studios that are just interested in milking cash tired, dying franchises and microtransactions, and of course now NFTs!!

ExaPunks and Shenzhen I/O, superb programming/logic games that are fun but also keep the noodle functioning learning bassic assembler. I love the Zachronics games.

You have TuringComplete where you build and entire simulated computer starting with a single transister.

Duskers, simple 8bit graphics where you use command line to drive droids around derelict space craft, there's very little sound and it's quite unnerving to use your imagination as you never see what's lurking in the space hulks.

My wife and I play The Forest and Raft in co-op, survival games are mostly indy studios.

OK, I admit I like a little FarCry5 and Assassins Creed Syndicate, mooching around Victorian London with the skills of a ninja! So the much hated Ubisoft get some of my cash but they're old games now.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon