Reply to post: Re: DXC and Digital Transformation

Insurance giant Lloyd's hires DXC to migrate org off legacy mainframes to AWS cloud

Cederic Silver badge

Re: DXC and Digital Transformation

Sadly while job hunting half the jobs I was applying for had former consultants involved demanding a track record in "digital transformation".

As though mainframes aren't fucking digital. As though decades of experience building and designing full stack Internet based systems isn't fucking digital. As though automating literally hundreds of business processes saving personally many millions of pounds wasn't fucking digital.

No, apparently the jobs are only open to people with experience in 'digital transformation'.

My current job asked about that. I just told them straight that I don't understand what people are talking about when they go on about digital transformation, and I don't think they do either. Tell me the outcomes you'd like and we can discuss how to achieve those - through a mix of digital technologies and other approaches, as is most appropriate given cost, time, capability, start point and other constraints.

Digital fucking transformation. Lloyds are fucked.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon