Reply to post: Re: And this is why

Linux Mint 20.3 appears – now with more Mozilla flavor: Why this distro switched Firefox defaults back to Google

eldakka

Re: And this is why

> I have upvoted you simply because you have so deliberately missed my point. And you know it. But please enjoy your moment of snark.

No, I think you have missed my point.

There are choices in everything you do.

You need to do the appropriate level of research/experimenting/testing/life experience to narrow your choices and choose the one you want to use.

What are you going to have for dinner (Indian, Chinese, French, Mexican, Italian... and what specific dish once you've chosen the style)?

What drink are you going to buy (coke, pepsi, water, red bull, scotch, rum, cabsav, champagne, cognac, beer... )?

What breakfast serial?

What bread?

Who are you going to date/marry/one-night-stand?

What friends are you going to make?

What job are you going to take?

Where are you going on vacation?

Atr you going to get COVID vaxxed or not?

What clothes are you going to buy?

Unless you want to go through life being a robot or someone's slave or 'whipped', you need to make the decisions after appropriate research - whether that means trying food you've never had before and deciding you like it or you'll never touch it again, taking a person on a date to see if you want to see them again, asking the opinino of someone you trust, or getting a PhD in a field you want to write research papers on.

If you want someone to tell you what Linux to use, OK, I'll give it a go, get Linux Mint.

There you go, somewhere to start. If you don't like Mint, change to a different distribution or don't, or just stay on whatever O/S you are currently on. I don't care.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon