Reply to post: Re: Good.

Meta Platforms demands staffers provide proof of COVID-19 booster vaccine before returning to office

Roland6 Silver badge

Re: Good.

@Codejunky - Yes there is history - the lockdown that wasn't really a lockdown etc.

I was just looking at Omicron and challenging the viewpoint that because the 'plague' isn't killing lots of people, it isn't something that we should be concerned about.

In some respects as a business, I work on a simple rule: if one member of a team tests positive then it is highly likely that other members will also test positive within the coming days, and thus ask the question do I keep that team and office open with the risk that in a day or so I will have insufficient staff to run a service or do I simply send them home for a few days and pull the shutters down. Obivously, whilst the team members are at home they are not visiting my other sites and so infecting other teams and clients (aka reputational damage)... The catch is that as a business I get hit for the sick/absence pay and loss of revenue not the government...

Useful reading: https://ukhsa.blog.gov.uk/2022/01/01/using-lateral-flow-tests-to-reduce-the-self-isolation-period/

However, remember self-isolation is all about reducing onward transmission, it's not about individual sickness where in many cases I've observed the 'cold' phase lasts only a day or so, but there is often a sting in the tail in days 5~10 caused in part by the mess Sars-Cov2 makes and so opens the body up to secondary infection...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon