Reply to post: Re: Always date and time

Time to party like it's 2002: Acura and Honda car clocks knocked back 20 years by bug

Stuart Castle Silver badge

Re: Always date and time

It's always date and time.. The fun and games I've had when writing code that has to plug in to different systems, a lot of which seem to have different date/time formats.. Be much easier if everyone stuck to one..

Hell, one of the servers I deal with now uses the English date format (or whatever one is selected in the interface) for all user facing pages, but on any programming interfaces (API and Inventory import CSV) requires the date to be in the form yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss. I wouldn't mind that, but that fact is buried somewhere in one of the guides. It's not mentioned on the server, even in the error message you get if you get the date format wrong (it just says "Wrong format").

If I get time, might see if I can write a script that imports the CSV, corrects the date then imports the data to the server.. There is other information I'd like to upload that isn't supported by the standard CSV import mech.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon