Reply to post: Re: French kids are taught poor English

France loves open source so much, even its cinema borks have Linux behind the scenes

Fred Daggy Silver badge
Pint

Re: French kids are taught poor English

Well, that make sense.

Also, in my experience, Francophone teachers teaching French are also pretty bad. As an adult, trying to learn French (not in France, but a neighbour) was frustrating.

In the first instance, I thought it was me. So I persisted. However, mercifully the teacher got knocked up (not by me), and left.

Queue second teacher, but same school: Nope, still crap. Ok, must be the materials and course then.

New school, new teacher. Better materials, learnt a bit more, but still crap. Plus no one can deal with French spoken with an Australian accent. British or American accents they hate, but can deal with. But you can see steam coming from the ears as I speak ... badly.

Anyway, last remaining common factor - me. So proceeded to pick German in a year and a bit. So ... not me.

Perhaps the Académie Française is really shit for enforcing a certain groupthink as to how a language is taught? And that hinders ALL language learning?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon