Reply to post: Re: its not Chrome but would anyone really want Google embbedded system in their car?

Electric fastback fun: Now you can surf the web from the driving seat of your Polestar 2

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: its not Chrome but would anyone really want Google embbedded system in their car?

Actually, through circumstances I was able to have a bit of insight into what happens with that data, also gathered by, for instance, use "local info" data when you've told the GPS where you're going.

As a result, there is one brand I will not even touch with a barge pole, whereas the other one put me in touch with their head honcho on privacy who managed to impress me with how thorough they were. The former won't even get a single star in my rating, whereas the other one runs rings round the competition in how they proxy data before it goes anywhere near providers such as Google which is the right way to go about it, provided the proxy lives and is owned in a country that has sane privacy laws.

As it was coincidental I have no data on all car brands, but it sure would be interesting to know. To put this in context, that Tesla is 100% America owned is bad news in context of just how much data it exports from the vehicles. I certainly would not have a business confidential discussion in their proximity..

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon