Reply to post: Re: It is almost as if the company does not test things properly before unleashing them on the world

£42k for a top-class software engineer? It's no wonder uni research teams can't recruit

My-Handle

Re: It is almost as if the company does not test things properly before unleashing them on the world

I think your argument hinges rather heavily on the effectiveness of the service involved.

e.g. Rightmove, Zoopla etc might have a very comprehensive list of properties for sale (if you're looking to buy), or an awful lot of relevant buyer traffic if you're looking to sell.

Your assertation "in 2021 LinkedIn is where people find work" is pretty much what is in question. I'm going to hazard a guess that it's more relevant in some circles than others. I, personally, agree with the previous poster. In most more common software development roles around here (NI), LinkedIn is essentially useless.

As for "Nobody else cares about your view", it might benefit you to both be less dismissive of other people's views. Whether you agree with them or not does not make them irrelevant, and you might actually learn something. It also might benefit you not to speak for other people.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon