Reply to post: Khronos with a K

Timekeeping biz Kronos hit by ransomware and warns customers to engage biz continuity plans

Corporate Scum

Khronos with a K

You know, the Greek titan type that's prone to eating their own young.

"K" Khronos (the company, which is definitely not a titan) is one of those vile leviathan dinosaurs that persists despite pursuing a decades long business strategy of maximizing pain for the end user. No surprise then to see them faceplant in the face of ransomware. While I pity the responders at the coal face, this is the byproduct of a entrenched culture that set the height of the bar at "just barely good enough run". I literally remember my dad complaining about them back in the paper puchcard days when it was probably running on an AS/400 mainframe. Those complaints continued until he retired decades later.

I'm sure there is some Khronos exec that smugly though that "It's your responsibility to ensure continuity of business planning for our services" was a great way to justify cutting corners. If it were my outfit (thank god it's not) I'd be engaging the "switch to a new payroll provider" paragraph of that plan. Then again, if I had any sway over the payroll department, we wouldn't have been using either Khronos or our current provider. So my probably undeserved paycheck this month will arrive because of luck and the fact our back office aren't masochistic to inflict Khronos payroll on themselves.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon