Reply to post: Re: The chicken or the egg?

What came first? The chicken, the egg, or the bodge to make everything work?

Terry 6 Silver badge

Re: The chicken or the egg?

That sounds a bit like me- though I can teach ( and demonstrate) writing correctly formed letters using either hand. It's the actual writing of more than one or two words where it all falls apart. The formation is correct - but consistency of size, position and curvature is all over the shop. And after any prolonged period of writing everything starts to get illegible. I tend to write right handed because some bloody stupid teacher 60 odd years ago forced me to. Which in a sense was partly the foundation of my career, since I spent much of the last 40 years sorting out kids' reading and writing problems. Many of the latter caused by stupid teaching in the early years - and a fair chunk of the former too for that matter.

I'm ambidextrous, but in general there aren't many jobs I can choose to do with either hand, there's always a preference. I've never been able to find any discernible pattern to why I use any particular one though- other than if I was clearly taught it that way. So, I tend to catch or pick things up left handed. Clean my teeth and shave right handed. And so on.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon