Reply to post: Re: ...

More than half of UK workers would consider jumping ship if a hybrid work option were withdrawn by their company

big_D Silver badge

Re: ...

I have a fully outfitted home office, a separate room with 2 desks in an L-shape, professional office chair and fast enough DSL. I have a 43" 4K display (I got my company to buy me the same one for the office). But I also have my private PC, which means easy distractions - I have gotten into the habit of turning it off, when I start work.

I like working from home sometimes, but I do miss being in the office and having other people around me to talk to. Even with Teams, you miss out on so much of what is going on, when you aren't in the office on a regular basis.

During most of the year, we have been on a 50% presence system - half the team in the office, half in home office. That way, if one part of the team gets infected, the other half can still cover. Now, with rising numbers, again, we are down to 1 person on site, the rest at home.

I'd like to go back to normal, where we can all be in the office if we want/need, but also keep the option of working from home - for some tasks, being alone is useful, other times, having someone to bounce ideas off of is more useful.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon