Reply to post:

More than half of UK workers would consider jumping ship if a hybrid work option were withdrawn by their company

Triggerfish

@ DrSyntax

I agree, all those old factory and industrial buildings its just ripe for repurposing them into a more modern usage.

It could be interesting to see what happens land values wise in the next few years. I think there's a possibly a tipping point or ratio that may emerge, where land that might be considered prime now, such retail space for convenience supermarkets as right near a train station in a city, drops in value depending on commuter usage vs retail space for the same in smaller towns. Office space in cities may go the same way. (Not saying it's going to crash completely but I think it's not going to be as valued for sure).

@Calverhouse

Depending on hows its done, it could actually be made somewhat of a boon for nature. If you take a brownfield site and you are say using a mill, yeah that gets done up and also the car park, but there is on some of those sites a fair bit of just empty space also,if planning is done right you turn that into a nature space, there's probably no reason to build extra buildings. If it's redeveloped for housing it's usually maximize all available sqm of land space and best you get is a thin strip of grass.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon