Reply to post: Pros and cons

More than half of UK workers would consider jumping ship if a hybrid work option were withdrawn by their company

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Pros and cons

Hey!

My name is Jared, and I work in the Teams User Experience Enhancement Team for Teams at Microsoft!

Yes, we're the 763 (at last count) folk who make it possible for you all to work at home using the power of Teams for Office 365 Teams Cloud platform. I and fifty colleagues from all backgrounds (US, middle class, voted for Biden) and ages (<35) work in the Cartooning UX Squad - when Teams has an internal error, the sad yet happy yet pouty definitely not white but ethnicity undefined identifies as female face that pops up - the third from the left in the second to back row - that was me!

It's a fulfilling job and my greatest aim is that one of my cartoons ends up on the login screen somewhere, surrounded by other happy cartoons.

Anyway working from home definitely has its drawbacks; because we haven't the budget for Teams for Enterprises (Enterprise Office 365 Edition) for Sharepoint for Teams for Windows, our meetings are limited to 15 people and the video is a bit blocky (no audio either, except for dogs barking - one for the Bandwithisation Squad) so we tend to use Zoom for all of this. Oh and since we updated our Surfaces(tm)(r)(c) to Windows 11 for 365 for Teams for Office, they all stopped working - something to do with "DRM in the floppy disk driver", so we have to use iPads.

I tried to interview at Apple, but they thought I was there to fix the coffee machine in the foyer. Shame I didn't get the job (too many buttons) - would've been a pay rise - Seattle Chai prices are getting insane. And rent. My team is being re-purposed to provide Huddle and Sprint opportunities to other firms who aren't Microsoft and Cartooningisation is to be done from somewhere in Mumbai. I strongly support this for diversity and please visit my gofundme page (rent and medical bills, Chai).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon