Reply to post:

More than half of UK workers would consider jumping ship if a hybrid work option were withdrawn by their company

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Remote work with very flexible time is the only way for me to work at all, due to personal issues that developed as the years went by.

I'm just lucky to have learned enough while I was on site and working the big contracts to have the experience and education to be able to work remotely; a lot of people in this world are not so lucky.

Nor are they lucky enough to have a job where even in a cube, I was a mere pair of headphones away from rockin' out all day in front of the computer, coffee at hand. I do love my job; always did. I just can't put in as many hours as I once did. Not that I would now even if I could; 60-70 hour weeks for months at a time was kinda nuts, even at the time.

I wouldn't trade the experience of those overtime years for anything, because I made enough money at the time to eat out at the finest of ethnic restaurants every night, working in areas populous enough to have a good selection of same, and have probably tried 40-50% of the planet's nations' major cuisines. (It is a big planet; I don't delude myself that I made much more of a dent than that in the 15 years I was "living large.")

*burp*

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon